Introduction about how to cook creamy shrimp pasta with mushrooms:
Creamy pasta and mushrooms are most definitely one of my favourite flavour combos. Just the smell of garlic and mushrooms sauteing together in butter makes you hungry and you know the dish will be delicious. The reviews prove that this combo works every time. Why not with seafood, shrimp is fantastic with sauteed mushrooms. Add creamy pasta to this combo and the whole dish is transformed into a flavour party. This creamy mushroom shrimp pasta is perfect for a busy weeknight, yet elegant enough to make it for a special occasion. It’s absolutely delicious and so easy to make.
Utensils required to cook creamy shrimp pasta:
You should not worry about the type of pasta while cooking this dish. Use linguine, spaghetti, penne, bow tie, etc. ingredients as per your choice. You could also serve the cream mushroom shrimp sauce over vegetable noodles or mashed potatoes or cauliflower. Utensils required to make this dish is a non-stick large skillet, one cooking pot a cutting board and a knife.
There are many recipes used for the process of making this dish. For making the most famous one use 2 tablespoons of olive oil, and 1 pinch of salt to taste. 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp peeled and deveined, 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped, 1 pinch dried basil, or to taste. 1 pinch paprika, or to taste, 1 package sliced fresh mushrooms, 1 cup half-and-half. 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, 1/2 package dry fettuccine pasta and 1 pinch red pepper flakes, or to taste.
Start by preparing pasta according to the instructions on the box. Heat olive oil and butter in a skillet. Add shrimp (peeled, deveined, tails removed), season with salt and pepper and cook 2-3 minutes per side. Remove to a plate and set aside. Melt 3 tablespoons of butter in the same skillet, and add garlic and onion. Mix for 2 minutes until fragrant and onion is almost translucent. Add mushrooms and mix until fragrant and soft. Add chicken stock, salt and pepper and bring to simmer. Add shrimp back to skillet and simmer for 1 minute. Remove from heat, add the last tablespoon of butter and stir in until melted. Serve sauce over cooked noodles.
Second cooking style:
- Another way of cooking the dish is to heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Immediately add shrimp and garlic; cook until shrimp is pink, 3 to 4 minutes. Sprinkle salt, basil, and paprika over shrimp. Cook and stir for 1 minute more, leaving shrimp slightly undercooked to finish cooking in the sauce.
- Remove shrimp mixture from the skillet. Add mushrooms to the same skillet. Cook and stir, seasoning with salt, until juicy, about 5 minutes. Add the shrimp, and immediately pour in half-and-half, mozzarella cheese, and Parmesan cheese. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, constantly stirring, until cheese melts, 5 to 8 minutes. Cover with a lid and remove from heat.
- Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil. Cook fettuccine at a boil until tender yet firm to the bite, about 8 minutes. If the cream sauce is too thick, add some pasta water in small amounts. Drain pasta and rinse with cold water. Add to the cream sauce.
How to cook things separately!
- To cook the shrimp, heat a large skillet until hot. Now, add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and immediately add garlic and shrimp. Cook on one side for about 1 minute until pink, on medium-high heat. Flip the shrimp to the other side. Sprinkle the top of the cooked side of shrimp with dry basil, paprika, crushed red pepper flakes, and salt. Cook for another 1-2 minutes, occasionally stirring, until shrimp is pink on both sides. Remove the shrimp from the skillet. If shrimp is a little undercooked it’s fine because you will continue cooking it in the sauce.
- To cook mushrooms empty a skillet and add sliced mushrooms. Add more olive oil if necessary. Cook on medium-high heat for about 2 minutes, occasionally stirring, until mushrooms become soft and release juices. Sprinkle with a small amount of salt midway through cooking.
- To make creamy sauce fill the skillet with mushrooms, and add cooked shrimp. Immediately add 1 cup half-and-half. Bring to boil. Add half the cheese (1/2 cup). Bring to boil, and immediately reduce to medium-simmer. Cook, constantly stirring, until the cheese melts. Gradually start adding the remaining cheese (1/2 cup), while stirring. Do not add all of the remaining 1/2 cups of cheese at once. Add just enough for the sauce to get creamy without getting too thick. You might not use all of the remaining cheese.
Remove from heat. Taste, and add more salt if needed. Add cooked and drained pasta from step 1 to the skillet with shrimp and mushrooms and cream sauce. Reheat on medium heat. Stir well. If the cream sauce is too thick and you want it thinner. Add some pasta water in small amounts to the cream sauce until you reach desired consistency. Season with more salt and add more crushed red pepper flakes and basil, if desired.